Identity card is issued new due to name change at marriage Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If your name has changed after a marriage, the ID card (due to incorrect name) is invalid and you must apply for a new one. Exception: There is a valid passport with the new name.

Marriage certificate valid identity document (the previous identity card if available, otherwise the valid passport or birth certificate), a passport photo suitable for biometry (after the photo sample board) if necessary, further documents (e.B. birth certificate) are required for a one-time verification of the name spelling. For more information, please contact the body responsible for you

German within the meaning of Art. 116 sec. 1 Of law (GG).

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available