Marriage re-enactment Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Certificate of marriage abroad by a German registry office Marriages concluded abroad are generally recognised in Germany. However, German nationals have the possibility to register such marriages on request in the marriage register of their German registry of residence; this also applies to stateless, homeless foreigners and foreign refugees.

For further information on the necessary documents for the application for the re-examination of a marriage concluded abroad, please contact the registry office. Regularly: Marriage certificate (marriage certificate) on the marriage concluded abroad, if necessary with certification by the competent foreign authority (apostille) or legalisation by the German diplomatic mission abroad valid identity card, passport or passport where applicable, naturalisation certificate, citizenship card Translations of all documents in foreign language by translators sworn in domestically Additional documents required: at the birth of the spouses in Germany: birth certificates At the birth of the spouses abroad: birth certificates with certification by the competent foreign authority (apostille) or legalisation by the German diplomatic mission Has a spouse been married before: certified copy from the marriage register of the last marriage with notice of dissolution alternatively or in the case of previous marriages abroad: proof of the closing and dissolution of all marriages for example, marriage certificates, death certificates, all divorce judgments (full and with note from the court, since when the judgment is final / "Legal status") where appropriate, recognition of foreign divorce by the President of the Higher Regional Court Had a spouse ever established a registered civil partnership: Evidence of the establishment and dissolution of all civil partnerships

Formal application - each of the two spouses is entitled to apply; both have died, including their parents and children.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available