Residence permit Granted for the purpose of training Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Foreign nationals from non-EU and non-EEA countries may obtain a residence permit for training purposes if the Federal Employment Agency has given its consent.

A current biometric passport image Proof that the livelihood is secured Proof that the entry requirements for the appropriate training are met

They comply with the passport and visa requirements. Your livelihood is secured (the maximum funding limit is the maximum amount of funding according to the Federal Training Promotion Act BAföG). There is no grounds for expulsion against you. Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany. They meet the entry requirements for the appropriate training.

You want to complete some of the training here and have already obtained a residence permit for training purposes in another EU Member State: in most cases, you also receive a residence permit for Germany. You have a residence permit for other purposes (e.g. for family reasons) or a residence permit: In this case, you can start an apprenticeship in Germany without an additional residence permit. If you complete a qualified vocational training in Germany, you may work up to ten hours per week, regardless of your training. After successful completion of the qualified vocational training, the authority can extend your residence permit by up to one year under certain conditions. During this time you can look for a job appropriate to your degree, provided that it is allowed to be filled by foreign nationals, and may work without restriction.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available