Community right of residence for au pair workers from EU Member States Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

EU citizens: Nationals of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland are not subject to any restrictions on taking up employment. Exception: Nationals of the new EU Member State Croatia require an EU work permit from the Employment Agency to work as an au pair. This scheme will initially apply until 30 June 2015 during a transitional period. Thereafter, like the other EU countries, they are also not subject to any restrictions on taking up employment. Non-EU citizens: Au pair employees who are not nationals of a Member State of the European Union (EU Member States) or of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland must apply for a residence permit for the purpose of au pair employment after entry before the expiry of the period of validity of the national visa. Au pair employees who are nationals of Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand and the United States of America can enter without a visa, regardless of the purpose and duration of the stay. You must apply for a residence permit within three months at the immigration authority responsible for the place of residence after entering the federal territory. However, as a national of the above-mentioned states, you should contact the German diplomatic mission for the German diplomatic mission because of the question whether, despite the general visa-free regime, entry with a visa for an au pair employment is recommended. The residence permit for an au pair employment is valid for: - participation in the host family's household, and - childcare

valid passport an up-to-date biometric passport image Confirmation of registration of the main residence with the host family Proof of health insurance Au pair contract

You must make the request in person. The application form will be provided by the competent authority.

For au pair employees: They are between 18 and under 25 years old. Nationals from the new EU Member States (Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, the Czech Republic and Hungary) have a minimum age of 17. Minors require written consent from their parents or legal representatives. You have a basic knowledge of the German language. You own a valid national "visa for au pair workers" (not required for EU citizens), a concluded au pair contract (minimum 6 months, maximum 1 year) and health insurance. registered main residence with the host family For host families: The host family speaks German as their mother tongue. The Employment Agency has agreed, if necessary, to employment Please also refer to the further information on the topic "Au-pair" in the following service: Visa: apply - for au pair employees

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available