Imports, transit, exports and intra-Community movements in accordance with animal and food legislation: authorisation Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

You will need a licence for the import, transit and occasionally for the export and intra-Community movements of animals and animal products and of goods which may be carriers of contagious substances. This shall not apply to animals and goods originating in a third country which are accompanied by a certificate and for which there is no authorisation requirement. An authorisation may not be granted if there is a fear of the spread of animal diseases. Products and products that can be confused with food that do not comply with the laws applicable in Germany, except foodstuffs intended exclusively for scientific purposes, for trade fairs, exhibitions or similar events, food samples and samples in small quantities, may not be brought into the country. Their transit requires customs supervision.

Please ask the aforementioned Ministry for the information and documents to be submitted. These vary depending on the individual case.

Applications for a permit without specific formal requirements can be sent to the Ministry of the Environment, Energy, Food and Forestry, Kaiser-Friedrich-Str. 1, 55116 Mainz.

It is recommended to first inquire with the above-mentioned ministry, even in cases of doubt.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available