Approbation as a veterinarian Granted
Would you like to work permanently as a veterinarian in Germany? Then you must be approved (licensed) for this activity.
If you would like to work permanently as a veterinarian in Germany, you need a license to practice medicine for this activity.
- Completed application form
Certificate of expertise:
- Certificates (e.g. diplomas) of the veterinary examination or
- Proof of formal qualifications from the respective EU/EEA country or Switzerland or
- Evidence of formal qualifications and certificate of equivalence of training issued by the competent authority of the State concerned
- Copy of identity card or comparable identification document
Declaration that no
judicial criminal proceedings
or public prosecutor's investigation proceedings are pending against you
- Proof of impunity by presentation of an official certificate of good conduct Document type "O". This must be applied for at the registration office of your place of residence. The certificate of good conduct must not be older than one month when the application is submitted. If the official certificate of good conduct cannot be presented, a certificate of impunity from the Member State of origin (extract from the criminal record or, if one is not issued, a certificate of an affidavit) may be submitted in its place. Foreign proof of impunity must not be older than 3 months when applying.
- medical certificate (not older than one month) according to which there is no indication that you are unsuitable for the proper exercise of the profession in terms of health
- Curriculum vitae with a focus on your previous professional activity
- Birth certificate
- if applicable, marriage certificate ; if the name used differs from the birth certificate, the presentation of the corresponding evidence is e.g. marriage certificate showing the name or the official certificate of a name change
- Confirmation of registration of the respective city/municipality
Proof of personal
if you are resident in Germany:
- Certificate of good conduct, not older than 1 month
for residents abroad:
- Documents from your home country that prove your personal reliability
- if you are resident in Germany:
- if applicable, proof of sufficient knowledge of the German language .
- written declaration according to which you have only applied for a licence to practise medicine at the Landesuntersuchungsamt Rheinland-Pfalz
In order to verify personal reliability, the competent authority may request further documents.
In addition, further proof (e.g. proof of activity) may be required. Please inquire directly with the responsible office.
Application form Approbation
- She had passed the veterinary examination in Germany.
- You have a degree in veterinary medicine or
- You have completed German or equivalent foreign training in the EU or another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, or
- They prove an equivalent level of knowledge. This is done on the basis of the submitted diplomas or certificates or a certificate of conformity.
- You are not guilty of any conduct that makes you unworthy or unreliable for the practice of the veterinary profession.
- They are suitable for the exercise of the veterinary profession from a health point of view,
You have the necessary knowledge of the German language to carry out your professional activity.
Foreign-language documents must be enclosed in German translation. The translation must be carried out by an officially sworn in document interpreter. Diplomas, certificates of veterinary training and proof of work must be submitted in a certified translation.
§ 4 Federal Veterinary Regulations (BTÄO)
§ 63 Licensing Regulations for Veterinarians (TAppV)
§ 64 Licensing Regulations for Veterinarians (TAppV)
You must submit the application for a licence to practise medicine in writing to the competent authority. You must sign it by hand or provide it with a qualified electronic signature. You can obtain the necessary forms from the responsible office.
In the further procedure, you will be notified within four weeks whether your application is complete or whether you need to provide further documents.
After your approbation, you will be sent a certificate of approbation.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available