Security trade: permit Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Anyone who wants to guard the life or property of strangers on a commercial basis (guarding trade) requires the permission of the competent authority.

Proof of personal reliability: Valid identity card or passport (upon presentation of the passport additionally a current registration certificate)* Current excerpt from the Federal Central Register for submission to an authority (certificate of good conduct) *The information must be requested from the municipality of residence for submission to an authority, i.e. it will be sent directly to it. It is essential that you indicate the exact address of the competent licensing authority and the intended use when applying. The information can also be requested in the online procedure provided by the Federal Office of Justice/Citizen Services. The information must not be older than three months. The authority itself obtains: Current excerpt from the Central Trade Register Unlimited information from the Federal Central Register Opinion of the competent authority of the State Police for the place of residence, a central police station or the respective competent State Criminal Police Office, whether and which factual indications are known that can give rise to concerns about reliability, insofar as the purposes of criminal prosecution or danger prevention do not preclude the transmission of the factual evidence, Statement of the State Authority for the Protection of the Constitution responsible for the seat of the authority / Initiation of the query of the intelligence service information system (until 31.12.2018 optional, from 01.01.2019 regular query), if necessary, further information Proof of orderly financial circumstances: Current certificate in tax matters of the competent tax office (to be presented in the original); If applicable, certificate in tax matters of the municipal tax office Extract from the debtor register of the central enforcement court, which can also be applied for electronically under Submission of asset information (information about entries can also be obtained via the enforcement portal ( Information from the insolvency court as to whether proceedings have been opened (so-called negative certificate) Proof of the funds required for the business or corresponding collateral In addition, for legal entities: Extract from the register of trade, cooperatives or associations (current copy), or if the cooperative is being founded, the articles of association Proof of sufficient professional indemnity insurance (certificate of insurance) hint: Please note that the list is not exhaustive. As part of the review of your individual case, further documents may be required from the competent authority. The start of the permitted activity must be notified to the competent authority.

Related Links

personal reliability Orderly financial circumstances Proof of professional indemnity insurance Proof of competence

Freedom to provide services: In the event of prior, written or electronic notification of a temporary occasional exercise of the guarding trade, nationals of a member state of the EU (EU citizens) or a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA citizens) can offer their services independently, provided that the legal requirements are met. Detailed information can be found under Link: "Cross-border provision of services in a profession regulated in the Industrial Code" ). Freedom of establishment: EU citizens and EEA citizens who want to establish themselves permanently in the guarding industry in Germany must in principle go through the permit procedure in accordance with the Industrial Code.
The permit must be applied for at the competent authority.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available