Wastewater: Construction of plants - Permit Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Depending on the size and type of the plant, you also need a water permit in addition to the water-related discharge permit or the indirect discharge permit (into the public sewerage system) for the construction and operation of a wastewater treatment plant as well as its substantial modification. This is usually included by the initiation permit. If a water permit is granted, an additional building permit is no longer required.

As a rule, it is required to: - Letter of application - the plans and documents drawn up by an expert person - landscape management accompanying plan, each in four copies. The water authority may request further documentation. If an environmental impact assessment is carried out for the approval of the installation, an additional environmental impact assessment is required.

Whoever is (and entitled) to build and operate a wastewater treatment plant depends on the obligation to dispose of waste water. This is in principle the responsibility of the non-circular cities, the non-associated municipalities and the municipalities of the association, which have to dispose of the waste water in their area properly; they must, in principle, set up and operate the necessary facilities and installations. In the case of the disposal of waste water from individual plots of land outdoors or from commercial establishments or installations, the obligation to dispose of waste water may be transferred to the persons entitled to use or to the commercial establishment or the operator of the plant at the request of the municipality responsible for waste water disposal. In such cases, the new managers may then have to build their own sewerage systems in consultation with the municipality responsible for waste water disposal before discharge into the public sewerage system, for which a water permit is then required. Which plants are free of permits is determined by the Land Water Act . If the wastewater treatment plant belongs to an overarching plant to be approved in accordance with BImSchG, the water law concerns are taken into account in the BImSch permit. However, this does not apply if a water permit is required, which includes the water permit. The documents and plans for the application for authorisation must be drawn up by a competent person within the meaning of the Land Water Act, who is entered in a list or a list kept by the Chamber of Engineers of Rhineland-Palatinate. The entry in a comparable list of another federal state also applies in Rhineland-Palatinate. This does not apply to projects of local authorities (with the exception of local authorities) where the plans and documents have been drawn up by experts in the administration. In the case of waste water plants designed for organically polluted waste water of 120 kg per day or more biochemical oxygen requirements in five days (raw) or for inorganically contaminated waste water of 10 m3 or more waste water in 2 hours (excluding cooling water), at least a preliminary assessment of the individual case is required to carry out an environmental impact assessment.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available