Apply for proof of competence in the regular stunning or killing of vertebrate animals carried out professionally or commercially Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
The killing and related activities may only be carried out by persons who have the necessary knowledge and skills (expertise).
If you regularly look after, immobilify, stun, slaughter or kill animals professionally or commercially, you must have the necessary knowledge and skills (expertise).
You can apply for the required certificate of competence from the competent authority. To do this, you must prove your competence in the context of a successful examination or a qualification recognised as equivalent.
The certificate of competence lists for which activities, for which animal species and for which type of equipment this applies.
The certificate of competence is valid indefinitely. However, it can be withdrawn if you have violated the requirements of the regulation and facts indicate that this will continue to be the case in the future.
No documents are required.
- You have successfully passed the theoretical and practical examination with the competent authority in relation to the animal categories specified in the application as well as stunning and killing procedures.
- You have an equivalent qualification.
In addition, you must not have committed any violations of animal welfare law in the last three years.
Overview of currently equivalent qualifications - openagrar.de
Further information on the slaughter and killing of animals - LAVES
List of municipal veterinary offices - Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection
§ 4 TierSchG
§ 4 Animal Welfare Slaughter Ordinance (TierSchlV)
Regulation (EC) No 1099/2009, Art. 7 , Art 21
- Download and print the application form. Then fill out the form completely and add the required evidence. Submit the application documents to your competent authority.
- The competent authority will examine your application and draw up a certificate of competence for the animal categories as well as stunning and killing procedures for which you have been able to prove your expertise.
- Finally, you will receive your certificate of competence by post or, if necessary, information about the rejection of your application.
- If there are any changes to your information, please notify your competent authority of these changes.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication