Obtain expert opinion from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce for start-up grants Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you are unemployed and want to start a business, you can apply for a start-up grant from the Employment Agency. To do this, you need the opinion of an expert body on your business concept.

Questions about funding should first be clarified with the responsible employment agency. There you also submit the application for a start-up grant.

A prerequisite for the start-up grant from the employment agency is that an expert body has examined your business idea and considers it viable. You can choose the contact person for the statement. This can be, for example.B the Chamber of Industry and Commerce.

During the load-bearing capacity test, your foundation concept is checked for plausibility and traceability. The decisive factor is whether you can make a living from the implementation of the business idea after a start-up phase.

In addition to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, other bodies can also assess the viability of your project:

  • Chambers of Crafts,
  • professional chambers,
  • Professional associations
  • Credit institutions
  • Other (tax consultants, auditors, start-up initiatives, etc.)

In case of justified doubts, the Employment Agency may again request the submission of an opinion from a competent body.

In order to obtain an opinion, at least the following documents are required:

  • Brief description of the business start-up project
  • Curriculum vitae
  • Capital requirements and financing plan
  • Sales and profitability forecast
  • Proof of previous business activities, for example a written report on your business activities and outlook for business development in the coming months, overview of income and expenses, incoming orders or efforts to receive orders

In general, it is recommended to draw up a comprehensive business plan (templates and samples, e.B. from the expert bodies) as well as to draw up a liquidity plan, at least for the desired funding period.

  • Forms: Application for a statement on the start-up grant of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce, form "Request for the opinion of a competent body on the viability of the business start-up"
  • Personal appearance necessary: according to the specifications of the competent body
  • Online procedure possible: no
  • Written form requirement: no


  • Your business concept is presented in a comprehensible way
  • Your business concept is viable, which means you can probably make a living from it

Related Links

  • ยง 93 paragraph 2 of the Social Code Third Book (SGB III)

The statement is a step towards receiving the start-up grant. Please first contact your employment agency and find out whether you are eligible for a start-up grant.

If you apply for the start-up grant at the Employment Agency and would like to obtain the opinion of a Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK), please proceed as follows:

  • You contact your Chamber of Industry and Commerce and arrange a conversation.
  • Prepare the necessary documents (short description of the business start-up project, curriculum vitae, capital requirements and financing plan , sales and profitability forecast, additionally recommended: liquidity plan).
  • It is often necessary to send the documents to the IHK before the interview.

After the interview, you will receive the assessment of the competent body from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce, which you will then submit to the Employment Agency. Please inquire with the Chamber of Industry and Commerce about any deviating procedures .

Responsible for the content
Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce

Last update or date of publication