Tax Consulting Firm Recognition
To run a tax consulting firm, you must submit an application for recognition.
- Application for recognition as a tax consulting company (§ 40 Abs. 1 DVStB)
- Copy or publicly certified copy of the articles of association or the articles of association (§ 49 para. 3 sentence 2 StBerG)
- Proof of payment of the recognition fee (§ 51 Abs. 1; § 164 b Abs. 1 StBerG)
- Provisional guarantee of cover by professional indemnity insurance (§ 50 Abs. 6 StBerG, § 55 Abs. 2 DVStB)
You can request the form for the application for recognition as a tax consulting company in writing or orally from the office responsible for you. The completed application for recognition as a tax consulting company must be submitted in writing to the competent authority. The application must indicate the name, profession and professional establishment of the persons who manage the company responsibly, as well as the name, profession and professional establishment of the persons otherwise entitled to represent the company.
- the members of the Executive Board, the managing directors or the personally liable partners are tax advisors
- at least one tax consultant who is a member of the management board, managing director or more general partner must have his/her professional establishment at the registered office of the company or in its vicinity
- Submission of at least a provisional guarantee of cover on the application for professional indemnity insurance
Before registering in the Trade or Partnership Register, the competent body may already confirm that all the conditions for recognition are met, with the exception of entry in the Trade or Partnership Register. A written decision must be issued on the rejection of the application for recognition.
§§ 49 et seq. Tax Consultancy Act (StBerG)
§§ 40, 41 Ordinance on the Implementation of the Regulations on Tax Consultants, Tax Representatives and Tax Consulting Companies (DVStG)
On the basis of the articles of association or the articles of association, the competent authority checks whether proof of the responsible management of the company has been provided by tax consultants and whether the prerequisites for recognition as a tax consulting company are met.
Responsible for the content
Chamber of Tax Advisors
Last update or date of publication