Temporary exercise of the veterinary profession without a licence to practise medicine: licence

Anyone who has completed training as a veterinarian from a non-EU Member State, but does not want to practise medicine and only wants to practise the veterinary profession temporarily, needs a permit.

The permit entitles you to use the professional title "veterinarian".

The permit may be limited to certain activities and employment positions. It may only be granted or extended revocably and only up to a total duration of veterinary activity of no more than four years. A further granting or extension of the permit is possible in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Veterinary Regulations (BTÄO).

Related Links

  • Federal Veterinary Regulations (BTÄO)

Documents may be required. Please contact the competent authority.

Related Links

  • § 63 Ordinance on the Licensing of Veterinarians (TAppV)
  • § 4 Federal Veterinary Regulations (BTÄO)
  • § 11 Federal Veterinary Regulations (BTÄO)

Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Minister for Food, Agriculture, Consumer Protection and Regional Development

Last update or date of publication