Use the network of points of single contact for easy handling of administrative procedures
If you want to work as a business or professional activity in Germany, the points of single contact will inform you about legal requirements and help you to handle administrative procedures quickly and easily online.
As part of a Europe-wide network, the Points of Single Contact give you easy access to administrations and authorities.
The Points of Single Contact will help you to:
- if you want to become an entrepreneur in the field of EU-DLR in Germany or
- if you want to have your regulated professional qualification formally recognised.
The Points of Single Contact will inform you about:
- Application and required documents,
- competent bodies,
- Costs and
- Duration of the administrative procedure.
The Points of Single Contact also take over the electronic handling of administrative procedures for you. You accept your application and forward it to the competent authorities. This saves you from having to go to the authorities.
The Network of Points of Single Contact consists of Internet portals and personal contact persons.
If you want to become an entrepreneur or professional activity in another country of the European Union (EU), you will find the appropriate Point of Single Contact on the website of the EU Commission.
Which documents you have to submit depends on your specific project.
Further information can be found in the electronic application form on the service portal of the responsible Points of Single Contact.
Forms available: Yes, but this may vary due to different procedures.
Written form required: Yes, but this may vary due to different procedures.
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance necessary: No
On the portals of the Network of Points of Single Contact
The service of the Points of Single Contact can be used:
- Service provider
- Founding and
- Persons who wish to have their regulated professional qualification recognised
- the Federal Republic of Germany,
- a Member State of the European Union (EU), or
a Member State of the European Economic Area (EEA), currently
- Liechtenstein or
Article 6 Directive 2006/123/EC on services in the internal market
Articles 57 and 57a of Directive 2005/36/EC on the recognition of professional qualifications, as amended by Directive 2013/55/EU
Point 1 of Annex III to Regulation (EU) 2018/1724 on the establishment of a single digital gateway
§§ 71a to e Administrative Procedure Act (VwVfG)
If you want to use the service of the Points of Single Contact, you must contact the regionally responsible Points of Single Contact in the respective federal state in which you want to carry out your project:
- Go to the website of the Point of Single Contact of the federal state relevant to you.
- There you can determine the administrative procedures necessary for your project. As a rule, search functions and/or electronic assistants are available for this purpose.
- You will then be directed to the appropriate online procedures.
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Digitalisation
Last update or date of publication