Authorisation to combat vertebrates as pests on a commercial scale

If you want to kill or stun vertebrates as pests on a commercial basis, you will need a permit from the competent authority before you start your activity. You can apply for permission in writing in paper form, via the Lower Saxony Application System for Administrative Services Online (NAVO) and from 2023 via the Company Portal for Health-Related Consumer Protection. In order to obtain a permit, you must attach to the application, among other things, proof of expertise of the persons carrying out the work of killing and stunning.

Application (form/digital) Evidence of expertise for people who want to kill or stun vertebrates Sketch of the place of activity and description of the rooms and facilities that serve the activity Certificate of leadership Information from the Business Central Register Please check with the competent authority if further documents should be submitted.

Application is complete and correctly completed All necessary documents are available

Anyone who carries out an activity without the permission required by Section 11(1) sentence 1 of the Animal Welfare Act acts in an irregular manner (Section 18 (1) No. 20 TierSchG).
You will receive the permission from the competent authority after you have submitted the necessary documents and the application for a permit, the competent authority has examined the documents and the conditions have been checked.