Admission of a European lawyer to the Bar Association Decision
Anyone who has been admitted to the branch responsible for the place as a European lawyer on application is entitled to pursue the activity of a lawyer in Germany under the professional title of the country of origin.
The decision to admit them is taken by the competent authority.
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of nationality according to § 3 paragraph 1 act on the activity of European lawyers in Germany (EuRAG)
- Certificate from the competent authority in the country of origin of affiliation to the profession of European lawyer, which is not older than 3 months and which is accompanied by a certified translation (§ 3 paragraph 2 EuRAG)
- Proof of professional indemnity insurance in the original, either according to § 51 BRAO via an insurance taken out in Germany or an equivalent insurance in the country of origin (§ 7 paragraph 1 EuRAG)
- if applicable, certified copy of the doctoral certificate or further evidence of the acquisition of academic degrees
- Personnel sheet with photo
§ 3 paragraphs 1 and 2 of the Act on the Activities of European Lawyers in Germany (EuRAG)
§ 51 Federal Lawyers' Act (BRAO)
§ 7 paragraph 1 act on the activity of European lawyers in Germany (EuRAG)
- The applicant is registered as a European lawyer with the competent authority of the country of origin
The established European lawyer shall use the professional title which he/she is entitled to use in the country of origin under the law applicable there. Anyone who is then entitled to use the professional title of "lawyer" must also indicate the professional organisation to which he or she belongs in the country of origin.
The established European lawyer is entitled to use the term "member of the Bar Association" in professional life at the same time. The term "European lawyer" may not be used as a professional title or in advertising.
§§ 2 - 7 Act on the Activities of European Lawyers in Germany (EuRAG)
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Justice
Last update or date of publication