Driving licence Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Anyone who trains persons who wish to obtain a licence to drive motor vehicles (driving students) must obtain a driving licence. The driving licence is issued on request in class BE and additionally in classes A, CE and DE.
Applicants for the driving licence of class BE will first receive a temporary driving licence.
The driving licence may only be used together with the driving school permit or in the context of an employment or training relationship with the holder of a driving school.
In order to obtain the driving licence, a written application must be submitted to the driving licence authority stating the desired class. In addition, the application shall be enclosed by:
- official proof of place and day of birth
- Curriculum vitae with handwritten signature
- Certificate of an official doctor or doctor with the professional title "Operational or Occupational Medicine"
- on request, proof of an officially recognised med. psychological examination body on mental and physical aptitude
- a certified copy of the card driver's license
- Documents on driving practice
- proof of completed vocational training in a recognised apprenticeship after at least completed secondary education or equivalent prior education
- a confirmation of registration of an officially recognised driving instructor training centre together with a certificate of the start of training there
- a management certificate in the "0" model for submission to the approval authority
The information from the central traffic register is provided by the approval authority.
The following documents are to be submitted only after completion of the respective training courses:
- a certificate from the officially recognised driving instructor training centre for the duration of the training carried out
- in the application for the permanent driving licence of class BE, a certificate of the training driving school on the duration of the training carried out and the report booklet
Driving instructor is a state-recognised, uniformly regulated name for a service occupation in the transport sector. In order to practise this profession, you need a driving licence. The prerequisites for this are regulated by the Driving Instructors Act. Training and testing is carried out on the basis of this law in accordance with a nationwide training and examination regulations. The driving licence is issued if the applicant
- is at least 22 years old
- is mentally, physically and professionally appropriate and there are no facts that make him appear unreliable for the driving instructor profession
- has at least completed vocational training in a recognised apprenticeship after completed secondary education or equivalent prior education
- the driving licence of categories A, BE and CE and, if the driving licence of category DE is to be issued, the driving licence of category DE; a driving licence on probation is not enough
- has sufficient driving practice on motor vehicles of the category for which the driving licence is to be issued ( it is sufficient for the applicant for the driving licence of classes BE and DE to have sufficient driving practice on motor vehicles of category B and D has)
- has been trained as a driving instructor within the last three years, and
- professional competence in an examination.
Applicants who have already obtained a driving licence in the public service (Federal Armed Forces, police) and who are seeking a civil driving licence will not take the driving instructor examination. In addition to the above-mentioned documents, these candidates must attach proof of the possession of the driving licence (e.g. certified copy of the driving instructor's licence) to the application.
Gesetz über das Fahrlehrerwesen (FahrlG)
Durchführungsverordnung zum Fahrlehrergesetz (FahrlGFV)
The training as a driving instructor can only take place in one of the approximately 56 recognized driving instructor training centres nationwide. Not only theoretical training, but also an internship in a training driving school is required.
The training is a "stage training". In the basic level, the driving licence of class BE is first acquired. This requires a two-phase application procedure.
Based on this, the driving licences of classes A, CE and DE can be acquired.
In order to enable the trainee trainee in the training driving school to apply the knowledge acquired freshly in the officially recognised training establishment, he is granted a "temporary driving licence" with limited training rights if he has previously practical driving and the specialist examination have been successfully passed.
The temporary driving licence expires either with the granting of the permanent driving licence or after three unsuccessful courses in theoretical or practical driving lessons or after the expiry of two years from the date of admission.
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economy, Labour and Transport
Last update or date of publication