Admission Certificate Part II Exhibition Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Since 2005, the registration certificate has been the official document for clarifying the ownership of a motor vehicle and fulfilling the technical operating conditions. The person registered in the registration certificate is the owner of the corresponding vehicle and therefore not necessarily also owner or owner, even if in most cases it is to be assumed.

The advantages are the increased security of counterfeiting, the EU-wide readability and standardisation, and the higher information content. In Germany, the Part II registration certificate consists of a one-sided printed document on special forgery-proof paper in the format 21 x 30.48 cm (formatted 21 x 29.7 cm).

  • SEPA direct debit mandate for the collection of vehicle tax
    • This must be submitted in writing in the original signed by the holder in the case of approval, including by third parties. In the event of a different account holder/account holder, this mandate must be signed in the original by the holder and by the account holder. The specified bank details must be proven.
    • Alternatively:
      • a certificate stating that the Main Customs Office waives the direct debit authorisation or
      • proof of exemption

Additional documents may be required. Please contact the appropriate body.

Related Links

  • ยง 12 Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung (FZV)

The previous owners (holders) of a vehicle are no longer comprehensible by name for data protection reasons with the exception of the last keeper (in contrast to the old vehicle letter). Instead, only the day of the first admission and the number of keepers is entered. From the third holder of the vehicle, each additional second subsequent vehicle is held (i.e. the fifth, the seventh, etc. person) issued a new document at the time of admission.

There is no general obligation to exchange from the old vehicle letter to the new Registration Certificate Part II. However, there must be no coexistence of old and new papers for a vehicle. Automatically exchanged if a new vehicle letter has to be issued anyway, because it has been lost, for example. This is regardless of whether the old vehicle license is still available or not. The vehicle letter will be devalued and replaced by the Registration Certificate Part II. The vehicle registration certificate will be destroyed and replaced by the Registration Certificate Part I.

Responsible for the content
AG Municipal editorial staff

Last update or date of publication