Victim compensation Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you have suffered damage to your health through no fault of your own, you can receive care under the Compensation Act for Victims of Violence (OEG). The care is provided in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Care Act and essentially includes medical and medical treatment, the damaged and survivor's pension and benefits of war victims' care.

Pain allowance is not paid. Property damage and property damage will not be compensated.

  • in case of written submission of the application: birth certificate

  • in case of personal submission of the application: identity card or passport

  • Confirmation of reporting

  • Proof of nationality (unless German nationality)

  • for non-EU applicants: proof of your legal residence

  • medical documents in your possession (e.g. opinions)

  • if applicable, power of attorney, caregiver's certificate or certificate of identification

An informal application to the branch of the State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family is also sufficient.

However, the application is also accepted by all other social security institutions (e.g. health insurance funds) as well as by all municipalities.

Related Links

  • Antrag Opferentschädigungsgesetz mit Eingabefeldern (Ausfüllen am PC möglich)


For more information, see the following pages:

  • Internetseiten des Niedersächsischen Landesamtes für Soziales Jugend und Familie
  • Informationen zur Stiftung Opferhilfe Niedersachsen
  • Adressen Opferhilfebüros

Related Links

  • Gesetz über die Entschädigung für Opfer von Gewalttaten (OEG)

Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family

Last update or date of publication