Display of a restaurant
Would you like to offer prepared food or drinks commercially for consumption on the spot? Then you must notify the competent authority 4 weeks in advance.
- Anyone wishing to operate a standing catering business must notify the competent authority at least 4 weeks before the first offer of drinks or prepared food, even if it is only to be operated for a short period of time.
- This also applies to the operation of a branch, a dependent branch, to the relocation of the permanent establishment and to the extension of the offer to alcoholic beverages or prepared food.
- A restaurant business also exists if the offer of prepared food and / or drinks for consumption on the spot as an ancillary business - e.B. as a supplementary offer of a bakery, butcher, etc. - or as an incentive to consume.
- Identity card or a comparable identity document
- If applicable, power of attorney
- If applicable, residence permit
- In the case of legal persons, an extract from the register of commercial or associations or a copy of the shareholders' agreement or the articles of association
In the case of alcohol serving:
- Proof of the application for a certificate of good conduct in accordance with § 30 paragraph 5 of the Federal Central Register Act (BZRG) as well as
- Information from the Central Trade Register in accordance with § 150 paragraph 1 of the Industrial Code (GewO) or
- an official certificate of a review of the reliability of trade law provided for by law.
§ 30 paragraph 5 of the Act on the Central Register and the Register of Education (BZRG)
§ 150 paragraph 1 of the Industrial Code (GewO)
- Forms: Notification of a catering trade
- Alternatively, the notification can also be refunded by the business advertisement, using the gewA 1 and GewA 2 advertising forms. However, the prerequisite is that the business advertisement is then refunded at least 4 weeks before the first offer of drinks or prepared food and that the business advertisement indicates whether alcoholic beverages and/or prepared food should be administered for consumption on the spot.
- Online procedure possible: yes
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance necessary: if necessary.
Form: Notification of a catering industry
The notification does not replace the requirements of other specialist laws (e.B building permit, food law information).
§§ 1, 2 and 3 Lower Saxony Restaurant Act (NGastG)
- You indicate to the competent authority using the form in accordance with the annex to § 2 paragraph 2 NGastG that you want to operate a catering business.
- You indicate whether you also want to dispense alcoholic beverages. In this case, you must additionally
- attach proof that you have submitted an application for a certificate of good conduct in accordance with § 30 paragraph 5 of the Federal Central Register Act and
- provide information from the Central Trade Register in accordance with § 150 paragraph 1 of the Industrial Code.
- If you have notified the restaurant business, the competent authority transmits the information from it to the authorities responsible for building supervision, immission control, youth protection, food monitoring and the fight against undeclared work and illegal employment as well as to the tax office.
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Digitalisation
Last update or date of publication