Family recreation - support Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you as a family simply can't afford your well-deserved holiday financially, the country will help you. Lower Saxony promotes recreational holidays of :
- Families with at least two children
- Families with a disabled child
- Single-parent families with at least one child
The subsidy depends on family income.
The grant is up to 10,00 Euro per night for each life partner and 15,00 Euro for each child.
In addition to the general support rates, up to EUR 10.00 is granted for disabled family members and up to EUR 5.00 for single parents.
In justified cases, it is also possible to include grandparents in the support.
Documents may be required. Please contact the appropriate body.
- recreational stays with a minimum of 7 to a maximum of 14 consecutive nights,
- Offers from the establishment of the competent authority in Lower Saxony, in family holiday resorts of non-profit institutions, in youth hostels set up for family holidays, in family-friendly facilities selected by the institution and on suitable Farms and campsites
Further information on the eligibility requirements can be obtained from the Lower Saxony State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family Affairs and on the relevant website of the Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality.
Niedersächsisches Landesamt für Soziales, Jugend und Familie Familienförderung
Niedersächsisches Ministerium für Soziales, Gesundheit und Gleichstellung Familienerholung
Legal regulations may have to be observed. Please contact the appropriate body.
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality
Last update or date of publication