Vehicle registration plates Allocation Export registration plates Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If a vehicle that has not been registered or a vehicle previously registered in the Federal Republic, possibly decommissioned, is to be exported abroad with its own power, an export license plate is required.
valid identity card or passport with current registration confirmation - no older than 3 months or foreign passport
Certificate of Registration Part II
Approval certificate Part I
Insurance confirmation for export vehicles
Test report on the last (still valid) main investigation (HU)
SEPA direct debit mandate for the collection of vehicle tax
- This must be submitted in writing in the original signed by the holder in the case of approval, including by third parties. In the event of a different account holder/account holder, this mandate must be signed in the original by the holder and by the account holder. The specified bank details must be proven.
- Certificate under which the Main Customs Office waives the collection of motor vehicle tax, or
- Proof of exemption
the vehicle tax is already paid
- Proof of payment of motor vehicle tax by means of a tax notice from the competent main customs office
in addition, in the case of completion by third parties:
- informal written authorisation of the applicant and identity card of the person for whom the vehicle is to be registered
for companies additionally:
- Extract from the Commercial Register or Commercial Register
- the identity documents of the responsible person entitled to sign (Managing Director, Authorized Representative) and their power of attorney
in the case of registered vehicles:
Vehicle registration plates
Approval certificate Part I
in the case of decommissioned vehicles, additionally:
Confirmation of unsubscribe (if closed until 30 September 2005)
Vehicle registration certificate or registration certificate Part I with the date of decommissioning
If an application form is necessary, it can be arranged in advance at the competent authority and completed at home. Depending on the offer made by the competent authority, the application may also be made as an online service via the Internet.
The required number plates can be produced after the application has been submitted. This can be used to contract a private provider located close to the competent authority. The cost of the signs is not included in the fees.
Due to an amendment to the Motor Vehicle Tax Act, export licence plates have been subject to tax since 1 July 2010.
§ 19 Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung (FZV)
The application for an export licence plate shall be made in person or by a person authorised in writing.
Responsible for the content
AG Municipal editorial staff
Last update or date of publication