Residence Registration as main residence Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The new Federal Registration Act will enter into force on 1 November 2015.

Anyone who moves into an apartment must register with the competent authority within two weeks.

Comply with your reporting obligation to avoid unnecessary problems and annoyance. For example, the violation of the reporting obligation results in problems with vehicle registration, the acquisition of a driving licence or the application for a management certificate.

In addition, your identity card and, if applicable, your motor vehicle license must also be changed.

  • Identity card and/or passport as proof of identity and to change the details of the apartment
  • Housing provider confirmation
  • The following data or documents are additionally required for:
    • Persons moved from abroad:
      • the last residential address in Germany (confirmation of registration, date of entry and exit)
    • supervised persons:
      • written authorisation or caregiver's card
    • Persons who cannot appear themselves:
      • written authorisation and identification documents of the person to be notified

Related Links

  • § 19 Bundesmeldegesetz (BMG)
  • § 54 Bundesmeldegesetz (BMG)

Responsible for the content
Seevetal Municipality

Last update or date of publication
No information available