Residence Deregistration Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Deregistration of an apartment is only necessary if you move out of that apartment without moving into a new apartment in Germany. This is the case, for example, if they move abroad or give up one of several apartments. Please also refer to the information in the performance for deregistration of an ancillary residence .

  • Housing provider confirmation
  • Registration slip
  • Id

The competent authority will provide you with the registration certificate free of charge.

The registration document can be downloaded via many municipal websites. It is sometimes possible to register online directly via the Internet if the competent authority provides a corresponding online reporting form with secure electronic transmission of the data. However, you must sign this message with a qualified electronic signature. This requires a corresponding signature card. This is available through teleservice providers, banks and savings banks.

Related Links

  • Bundesmeldegesetz (BMG)

In case of a change of apartment you only have to register the new apartment. The competent authority of the new place of residence then automatically informs the municipality of departure.

If you do not move, but only dissolve one of several apartments, you can deregister this apartment either from the local authority or from the body responsible for your current residence.

Responsible for the content
no technical approval by MI; text agreed with City garbsen

Last update or date of publication
No information available