Certify pre-qualification for promotion BAföG
In order for your professional advancement training to be supported by the Aufstiegs-BAföG, you must prove your pre-qualification.
A document that you have to submit for funding is the so-called "Form Z". On this form, you must confirm that you meet the professional admission requirements for the examination or can meet them until the examination. This is the responsibility of the body that also takes the final examination for the degree you are seeking . Depending on the degree, this is, for example, the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) or the Chamber of Crafts (HWK).
Typically, you qualify either through a completed first vocational training and/or professional experience. Even as a dropout, experienced professional or with a bachelor's degree, you can prove the required pre-qualification. The exact requirements are laid down in the examination regulations for the respective training qualification.
With the confirmation of your pre-qualification, you can then apply for the so-called "Meister-BAföG". Depending on the federal state, BAföG offices or other authorities are responsible for this.
Proof of compliance with the admission requirements:
- Completion of training
- Possibly other proofs, such as proof of activity and job references
- Forms: Form Z of the promotion BAföG application
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
Fulfilment of the requirements in order to be admitted to the desired further training examination:
- Training in a recognised training occupation or a comparable vocational qualification
- Bachelor graduates, dropouts and high school graduates with professional experience can also be qualified
§ 9 paragraph 1 of the Advancement Training Promotion Act (AFBG)
The confirmation of the pre-qualification is one of the requirements that you must prove for the funding.
- You apply for confirmation of the pre-qualification at the body responsible for your degree before applying for the educational support.
- You submit Form Z of the overall application together with proof of your pre-qualification.
- The competent authority will check your pre-qualification.
- You will receive the completed Attachment Z by post.
After confirming your pre-qualification, you can apply for the actual funding.
Responsible for the content
Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce
Last update or date of publication