Apply for a joint share certificate on the basis of legal succession Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
The probate court may also issue a so-called joint certificate of partial inheritance for several heirs. Any co-inheritance may apply for a community share certificate.
When a testator dies, he usually leaves not just one heir, but several. These enter the so-called community of heirs with inheritance due to legal succession. Only after the inheritance dispute has taken place is the estate divided among the individual heirs in accordance with the agreements made.
In principle, each individual co-heir can apply for a certificate of inheritance with which he can identify himself as a legal heir to third parties. However, if the community of heirs wants to act together and act vis-à-vis banks, insurers and the land registry, a joint certificate of inheritance is often required.
The joint share certificate is issued for the inheritance law of several but not all co-heirs on the basis of legal succession at the request of a co.B heir if, for example, a co.B be emigrates and is therefore not reachable.
- your identity card or passport,
- the death certificate of the deceased person (testator),
- the family record book for the documentation of kinship,
- information on whether there is a process for your inheritance law,
- the names and addresses of the co-heirs,
- Proof of the reason why certain persons who would actually inherit are no longer heirs, for example their death certificates, waivers of inheritance or declarations of renunciation of inheritance,
- if applicable, wills or contracts of inheritance,
- the matrimonial property regime (in the case of spouses) or the property regime (in the case of registered civil partnerships).
Forms are not required.
There are co-heirs due to legal succession and they would like to apply for a joint certificate of inheritance. However, not all co-heirs are available to apply.
Information brochure of the Federal Ministry of Justice on inheritance and inheritance
Information brochure "Inherit inherit" of the Lower Saxony Ministry of Justice
Information brochure "Inherit inherit" of the Lower Saxony Ministry of Justice in simple language
§§ 2353 2370 Civil Code (BGB)
After you have applied for the certificate of inheritance, the district court checks the eligibility and issues the certificate of inheritance.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication