List of foreign companies Registration
The use of the professional title "Consulting Engineer" in the name or in the company of the company is protected in Niederachsen. A company that is neither entered in the list of companies of the consulting engineers (at the registered office of the company in Lower Saxony) nor in the corresponding register in another federal state (if the company has its registered office in the other federal state) may use the professional title "consulting engineer" in Lower Saxony as an external company in its name or in its company, if it is entered in the list of foreign companies or in the corresponding register in another federal state.
- List of shareholders
- Copy of the articles of association
- Proof of registration for the commercial register
- Current proof of the existence of professional indemnity insurance
- All documents in non-German must be accompanied by a translation, which must be confirmed by a publicly appointed and sworn translator
- Reliability Statement
Please have all the necessary documents ready for the electronic application. Without the complete documents, you will not be able to complete the electronic application process and submit your application.
Applications can be submitted at any time in writing or online to the Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony.
Forms for download
Link to the online application
- Personal appearance not required
- Activity of the company in Lower Saxony
- Authority of the company under the law of the state in which it has its registered office to use the professional title "Consulting Engineer" or a similar designation in its name or company
- Purpose of the company: the exclusively independent and self-reliant exercise of the professional task of engineers within the meaning of § 2 NIngG
- Capital shares may not be held for the account of third parties
- Consulting engineers hold at least half of the capital and voting shares in their name and other shares are held only by natural persons who are members of a liberal profession.
- At least half of the persons authorised to manage the business are consulting engineers
- Voting rights may not be exercised on behalf of third parties
- the transfer of capital and shares is subject to the consent of the company
- Proof of sufficient professional indemnity insurance
- the reliability of the persons authorised to manage the profession as required for the profession
Further details can be found in § 18 NIngG (see under Legal basis).
§ 18 Lower Saxony Engineering Act (NIngG)
An application for entry in the list of foreign companies must be submitted in writing or online using the form provided. The supporting documents referred to in 'Required documents' shall be attached to the application.
Responsible for the content
Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony
Last update or date of publication