Certificate of proof of expertise for the use of plant protection products Issuance Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you are using plant protection products, are advising on plant protection, or if you want to guide or supervise people who use plant protection products in the context of a training relationship or an auxiliary activity, you need a certificate of expertise.

They may only be

  • Use plant protection products,
  • on plant protection within the meaning of Article 3(3) of Directive 2009/128/EC, or
  • directing or supervising plant protection products in the context of a training relationship or an auxiliary activity;

if you have a proof of expertise issued by the competent authority.

If you are professionally using plant protection products or advising on them, you can apply for proof of expertise for the use of plant protection products incl. advice with the help of the nationwide online database.

Please note that the delivery of plant protection products is not included in this certificate of expertise.

The required documents (certificates, certificates, declaration of cost assumption) can be uploaded online during the application process. The application shall be processed by the competent authority of the Land in which the applicant with first residence is registered.

If all prerequisites are met, you will receive a notification with the recognition of the expertise. After receipt of payment, the production of the certificate of expertise is carried out once a month nationwide. The card will be delivered to you by post by the print service provider.

Related Links

  • nationwide online database
  • Certificate of a recognised professional qualification or
  • Certificate of examination of a successfully passed expert examination or
  • certificate of a recognised course of study, if necessary additional certificate (from higher education institutions, training establishment) or
  • Certificate from another EU Member State on the sustainable use of pesticides
  • If necessary, certified translation of the submitted documents
  • If necessary, informal cost commitment of the specified bill recipient
  • If necessary, certificate of further training in expertise
  • Online procedure possible: yes
  • Written form required: no

Related Links

  • Online application


The expertise assigns you

  • with a certificate of a recognised professional qualification (e.B.g. farmer, winemaker, gardener, etc.) or
  • an examination certificate for a successfully passed expert examination (e.B. in the context of a specialist course) or
  • with a certificate of a recognised degree, possibly in the .m of an additional certificate (from higher education institutions, training establishment) or
  • with a valid certificate from another EU Member State for the sustainable use of pesticides.

If there are more than three years between the issuance of the certificate and the application, a current proof of further training must also be submitted.

  • Information at the Chamber of Agriculture
  • Plant Protection Ordinance of 28 July 1987 (BGBl. I p. 1752), which was last amended by Article 27 of the Act of 6 December 2011 (BGBl. I p. 2515)

Related Links

  • Section 9 Plant Protection Ordinance (PflSchSachkV)
  • Plant Protection Ordinance (PflSchSachkV)
  • Directive 2009/128/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 October 2009

The Authority shall receive the complete application documents and verify the information and authenticity of the certificates and/or certificates. Once all prerequisites for the subject matter have been proven, the authority shall prepare the certificate of expertise and a fee notice. Upon receipt of payment, the authority shall send the certificate of expertise to the person making the application.

You need the new certificate of expertise (SKN) in card format since 26.11.2015.

The application for this must be submitted online at www.pflanzenschutz-skn.de. (Please get help in the circle of friends or acquaintances if you can't cope on the Internet). Further information can be viewed via the tile of the competent federal state. Proof of expertise can be applied for with or without registration. After that, the mandatory fields must be filled in with the information on the applicant. After entering the security code, you will be taken to the application page. Enter the application type here. The application type "Application" includes the application of plant protection products and the application type "Submission" includes the sale of plant protection products. Once you have confirmed your knowledge of German and you have been recognised for your data protection declaration, you can upload your copies of your certificates, such as an assistant's letter or a certificate of expertise. Finally, you submit the request via the appropriate button. After submitting your data, a short information will appear on the online portal as to whether your application has been successfully submitted. You will not receive a separate email or further confirmation. It is not necessary to additionally send the application signed by post.

Alternatively, if you cannot upload the certificate yourself, please send us the copy by post to the relevant service.

In plant protection, experts from EU member states who want to use plant protection products in Germany also need a German certificate of expertise.

For technical reasons, it is not possible to apply for the German certificate of expertise via the online database.

Please contact the plant protection service or the application authority in the state where you wish to take action.

For this purpose, you can use the service finder on the homepage.

Old experts or new experts, whose degree is more than 3 years ago, require in addition to the certificate, proof of participation in a recognised training course in plant protection.
If all documents are complete, the application will be processed within 4 - 6 weeks.

You will receive a notice and an invoice for 30 euros (for foreign certificates 40 euros).
The sending of the certificate of expertise can take up to 2 months from payment.
In addition to applying for a certificate of expertise, you must take part in a 4-hour training course during a recurring 3-year period.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication