Location-changing shooting range - Apply for permission for operation Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
You need a permit to operate a location-changing shooting range.
If you operate a location-changing facility that is used for shooting or other shooting exercises with firearms, testing firearms, or shooting with firearms (shooting facility), or if you want to substantially change the nature or nature of it, you need permission from the relevant firearms authority.
No permission is needed for shooting sites where shots are fired in enclosed spaces solely for the testing of firearms or ammunition by manufacturers of weapons or ammunition, by weapons or ammunition experts or by scientific institutions.
In the case of location-changing shooting ranges, a one-time permit is sufficient before the first installation.
The firing range shall be inspected by the competent authority before it is first put into operation with regard to safety requirements. For this purpose, an expert opinion of a recognised shooting range expert may also be obtained at the expense of the operator.
- Identity card or passport (copy)
- Statement from the local police department
- If necessary, proof of need
- Proof of the existence of liability insurance and accident insurance for shooting transactions that are subject to showman's liability
- any necessary permits or orders in accordance with construction or emission protection regulations and corresponding acceptance
- if necessary, safety reports of a shooting range expert
The authorisation may only be granted if the applicant:
- the necessary reliability and
- personal suitability and
- insurance against liability and against accident related to the operation of the shooting range.
There must also be a permit and acceptance for flying structures.
Section 27 paragraph 1 Of the Arms Act (WaffG)
Section 27a Of the Arms Act (WaffG)
Section 1 (2) No. 2 Ordinance on Liability Insurance for Showmen (Showman's Liability Ordinance - SchauHV)
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication