Notification and verification Of combustion plants Registration
If you operate a medium combustion plant, you must notify it to the competent authority.
As the operator of a combustion plant (medium combustion plant, gas turbine and combustion engine plant) with a rated thermal input of at least 1 MW and less than 50 MW, you are obliged to notify the competent authority in writing or electronically of the intended operation before commissioning. The operation of an existing combustion plant shall be notified in writing or electronically to the competent authority by 1 December 2023. The notification must contain the information specified in Appendix 1 of the 44th BImSchV. The competent authority shall include the installation in its register of installations. You will be informed of the registration by the competent authority.
Display with the data relevant for the system:
- Combustion heat output of the combustion plant (in megawatts);
- type of combustion plant (diesel engine plant, gas turbine, dual-fuel engine system, other engine system, other combustion plant);
- the type of fuels used and their share of total energy input;
- the date of putting into service of the combustion plant;
- the NACE code to which the other activity is to be assigned,
- the expected number of annual operating hours of the combustion plant and average operating load;
- where a scheme for installations with few operating hours is used: a declaration signed by the operator that the combustion plant will not be in operation for more than the number of hours referred to in those paragraphs;
- where an emergency operation scheme is used: a declaration signed by the operator that the combustion plant will only be in operation in an emergency;
- the name and registered office of the operator and the location of the installation with address;
- Geocoordinates of the chimney and height over terrain.
§ 6 Ordinance on Medium-Sized Combustion, Gas Turbine and Combustion Engine Plants (44th BImSchV)
Annex I TO REGULATION (EC) No 1893/2006 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 20 December 2006
§ 15 Ordinance on Medium-Sized Combustion, Gas Turbine and Combustion Engine Plants (44th BImSchV)
§ 16 Ordinance on Medium-Sized Combustion, Gas Turbine and Combustion Engine Plants (44th BImSchV)
§ 29 Ordinance on Medium-Sized Combustion, Gas Turbine and Combustion Engine Plants (44th BImSchV)
The notification shall be submitted in writing by post or electronically to the competent authority.
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy, Building and Climate Protection
Last update or date of publication