Producer group Recognition as an association
Agricultural organisations can be recognised on request.
An agricultural organisation shall be recognised at its request if:
1. the general recognition requirements of § 3 and
2. fulfils the specific conditions for recognition applicable to the applicant agricultural organisation under Union law, the Law on agricultural market structures and this Regulation for certain agricultural organisations or certain product sectors.
Separate recognition is required for each product sector in which an agricultural organisation operates.
- informal application
- the applicable statutes of the agricultural organisation and the contracts concluded within the framework of § 10a of the Agricultural Market Structures Ordinance,
- a list of first and last names, in the case of legal persons, the names of all members of the agricultural organisation present at the time of the application, including their respective addresses,
- proof for each member referred to in point 2 that it fulfils the membership requirements of agricultural organisation law, and
- attach proof of compliance with the requirement of § 3 number 1. By way of derogation from sentence 2 number 4, an association of persons which cannot be registered in an official register submits an application for recognition, the latter shall attach a certified copy of the contract establishing it. At the request of the competent authority, the agricultural organisation shall provide further information and provide evidence if the documents submitted on the basis of sentences 2 and 3 are not sufficient for the examination of the conditions for recognition and insofar as this is necessary for the examination of recognition.
An agricultural organisation must:
1. be a legal person governed by private or public law or an association of persons governed by private law;
2. can trace its creation back to an initiative of its members,
3. have their head office in a country where they
(a) has members, and
(b) carries out an activity which is not merely insignificant in comparison with its overall activity, in so far as it is not an interbranch organisation;
4. have written statutes which:
- Headquarters and
- the fulfilment of the conditions for recognition can be inferred,
b) contains the regulations
- to exercise democratic control by members over the agricultural organization as a whole and the decisions of the agricultural organization,
- membership fees,
- for the proper performance of the tasks,
- the admission of new members and the termination of membership,
on penalties for breaches of membership obligations
- the establishment of branches.
§ 4 Agricultural Market Structure Act (AgrarMSG)
§ 2 of the Agricultural Market Structure Ordinance
Creation of notifications
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection
Last update or date of publication