Supplementary school, apply for state recognition
You can apply for the recognition of a displayed supplementary school in Lower Saxony at the responsible Regional State Office for School and Education (locations: Braunschweig, Hanover, Lüneburg, Osnabrück).
As the sponsor of an indicated supplementary school in Lower Saxony, you can apply for recognition of your school.
If a supplementary vocational school provides complete training for a specific profession, recognition can be given to the fact that the pupils are entitled to use the addition "certified" before the professional title acquired at your school.
Please attach the following documents / information to the written application:
- School authorities (name, legal form, contact details)
- Specific name of the supplementary school for which the award is requested
- Date of confirmation of the notification of the supplementary school according to § 158 Abs. 2 NSchG by the responsible school authority
- Date of commencement of school operations
- current list of students/number of students
- Overview of the teachers with proof of their qualifications and information on subjects / learning areas in which their use is intended.
- Information on the school management (proof of qualification, extended certificate of good conduct)
- Curriculum showing the duration of the training and the number of teaching hours
- Examination Regulations
for general education schools:
Is the "International Baccalaureate Diplome / Diplôme du Baccalauréat International" awarded at the supplementary school as a school leaving certificate?
for vocational schools:
for which profession does the training in the supplementary school serve?
If necessary, additional information for training centres for alternative practitioners
(Is there comprehensive training in at least three of the treatment options in alternative practitioners that occur not only sporadically and which treatment options are involved?)
An application would have to be submitted in writing or electronically (with signature in pdf format)
- Teaching according to an approved curriculum
- Final examination according to an approved examination regulations under the chairmanship of a representative of the school authority
In the case of supplementary general education schools:
- The "International Baccalaureate Diplome/Diplôme du Baccalauréat International" is awarded
In the case of supplementary vocational schools:
School attendance is used for training for a specific profession.
§ 161 Lower Saxony School Act (NSchG)
- After the application documents have been submitted to the Regional State Office for School and Education, the latter checks the completeness and correctness of the application documents and, if all requirements are met, grants recognition.
- If necessary, missing or incorrect documents can be requested.
- If you have any questions about the recognition procedure, you can contact the Regional State Office for School and Education.
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Culture
Last update or date of publication