Exception permit Parking Family care Parking authorization Family care Parking card Family care

Family care vehicles may be granted parking permission by the competent authority. This may, for example, entitle to free parking in restricted parking bans, in resident parking zones or in parking management zones (parking spaces with parking meters or parking ticket machines). As a rule, the exemption applies only to certain individual family care activities. Note the exact content of the exception. In particular, other persons must not be endangered or hindered when using the exemption.

The documents to be submitted vary from one authority to another. For example, you must present a copy of the vehicle registration certificate.

Forms: Application forms are available from the competent authority. Online procedure possible: partially Written form required: no p personal appearance necessary: no

The competent authority shall examine the application for a parking card. There is no claim by the applicant.
Section 46 Road Traffic Order http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/stvo_2013/__46.html

Related Links

You must apply for an exemption. How the application can be made varies from one authority to another. The authority then examines your application and then, if necessary, grants the exemption.

Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economy, Labour, Transport and Digitisation

Last update or date of publication