22.05.20: Main text is prepared by Editorial Office 24 (SK SN, Dieckmann) Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

You want to keep and breed animals of wild species in game enclosures? Do you carry out your activities independently, on schedule, on and with the intention of making a profit? You must then report this animal husbandry to the competent veterinary authority at least four weeks before it is started.

Please check with the competent veterinary authority for display forms. Formless display with the following content: Type, number and sex of animals to be kept Information on the person responsible for the activity Information on the size and design of the enclosure to be built Proof of expertise for the respective persons who have handling the animals Sketch(s) of the holding device(s)

Formless display If necessary, your competent body will provide further documentation for notification. Please contact your competent veterinary authority.

The notification must be received by the competent veterinary authority no later than four weeks before the start of operations. In addition, you must ensure animal welfare requirements, in particular to meet the requirements of the Animal Welfare Act. The display contains all the necessary information. All necessary documents are available.

Wild enclosures are also subject to notification according to nature conservation regulations.
After you have submitted the necessary documents to your competent body, the documents will be checked for correctness and completeness.

Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection

Last update or date of publication