Apply for a rental car permit Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Would you like to operate a rental car business? You can apply for the necessary permit at the traffic authority responsible for you.
For the commercial transport of persons with a rental car, you need a permit. You can submit a corresponding application to the transport authority of the respective district-free city or district responsible for you.
- Formal application (surname, first name of the applicant; residence and place of business; in the case of natural persons, date of birth; Number of vehicles, vehicle type, capacity of vehicles used)
- Service certificates or examination certificates (for professional aptitude) of the applicant or the person appointed to conduct the business
- Capital certificate / supplementary certificate (form according to § 2 paragraph 2 number 2/ § 2 paragraph 3 of the Ordinance on Access to the Profession for Road Passenger Transport -PBZugV), not older than 3 months
- Clearance certificate from the tax office, the municipality, the social security institutions and the employers' liability insurance association, not older than 3 months (by the company, the legal representative and the person / traffic management appointed to conduct the business)
- Certificate of good conduct for submission to the authority in accordance with § 30 paragraph 5 BZRG
- Excerpt from the Central Trade Register according to § 150 paragraph 5 GewO (for companies)
- Excerpt from the Driving Aptitude Register (FAER)
- Vehicle list, possibly rental vehicles with rental contract or leasing list
- Proof of liability insurance for rental cars including risk code (WKZ)
- Business registration
- Forms available: Yes
- Written form required: Yes
- Informal application possible: No
- Personal appearance necessary: No
- Online service available: No
- The safety and performance of the operation is guaranteed.
- There are no facts for the unreliability of the applicant as an entrepreneur or the person appointed to conduct the business.
- The applicant as an entrepreneur or the person appointed to conduct the business is professionally suitable.
- The applicant and the entrepreneurs commissioned by him or her to carry out transport services have their registered office or branch within the meaning of commercial law in Germany.
- In the case of legal persons under public law, the conditions are deemed to be fulfilled.
§ 49 Passenger Transport Act (PBefG)
§ 2 paragraph 2 number 1, 2, 3 Passenger Transport Act (PBefG)
Ordinance on the Operation of Motor Vehicle Companies (BOKraft)
Ordinance on Access to the Profession for Road Passenger Transport (PBZugV)
Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV)
Section 17 Sentence 1 and 2 lower Saxony's Local Constitutional Law (NKomVG)
Section 16(4) Regulation on responsibilities in the field of transport (ToStVO)
To obtain a permit for the commercial carriage of persons with a rental car, proceed as follows:
- Submit a corresponding application to the transport authority of the respective district-free city or district responsible for you and attach all necessary documents to the application.
- The authority will process your application.
- You will receive a notification of the granting or re-issuance of a rental car permit.
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Digitalisation
Last update or date of publication