Care aid approval Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you are cared for privately at home, you are entitled to care aids intended for consumption. Possibly also on technical care aids and/or on a subsidy to improve the individual living environment.

You are entitled to care aids if you live at home, in an assisted living complex or a shared apartment and are cared for by family, acquaintances, friends or even by a nursing service. This only applies if the aids are not to be provided by the health insurance or other competent service providers due to illness or disability.

Care aids are intended to alleviate complaints of people in need of care, enable them to live a more independent life and to facilitate care for the caregiver.

The nursing care fund checks with the participation of a nurse or the medical service whether the requested nursing aids are necessary.

There are two types of care aids:

  • for consumption certain care aids such as bed protection inserts, hygiene articles, disposable gloves. For this purpose, a monthly amount of up to 40 euros is available.
  • technical care aids such as care beds, home emergency call systems. These are usually left on loan. Adults in need of care usually have to pay something for this.

You can also apply for financial grants for measures to improve the individual living environment. These include, for example, technical assistance in the household or stairlifters, if this makes home care considerably easier in individual cases.

Check with your care fund which documents are required and whether there is a special application form.


  • The care takes place in the home environment and is carried out by a private caregiver.
  • Care level 1 to 5 is available

Related Links

  • § 40 Eleventh Book of the Social Code (SGB XI)

The benefit must be applied for in writing at the care fund.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication