Short-term care for persons with statutory care insurance Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If people in need of care cannot be cared for at home temporarily, it is possible to accommodate them in a care facility for a short time.
You look after a relative and can not provide home care temporarily, not yet or not to the required extent? nd also the semi-stationary care is not enough? Then you or the person in need of care (with care level 2 to 5) are entitled to care in a fully inpatient facility.
1. for a transitional period following inpatient treatment of the person in need of care
2. in other crisis situations in which temporary home or semi-inpatient care is not possible or insufficient.
The entitlement to short-term care is limited to eight weeks per calendar year. Per year, 1612 euros are available for these eight weeks.
You can also combine short-term care with preventive care.
Costs for accommodation and food of the person in need of care as well as investment costs incurred during the stay at home can be reimbursed by the care fund via the relief amount.
The care allowance you receive for home care will continue to be paid up to 50 percent for eight weeks.
Ask the respective care fund which documents are required and whether there is a special application form.
- The short-term care must be applied for at the care fund
- home care cannot be provided for a temporary period of time
- Care level 2 to 5 is available
§ 42 Eleventh Book of the Social Code (SGB XI)
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication