Residence permit for the purpose of training Grant for recognition of professional qualification during employment Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
You may obtain a residence permit for the recognition of foreign professional qualifications in order to compensate for the deficiencies of your professional qualification identified by the recognition body, even in the context of qualified employment in the profession pursued.
They may obtain a residence permit for the recognition of a qualification measure if they intend to work in a non-regulated profession in order to compensate for the identified deficiencies in the context of qualified employment. Non-regulated professions are professions without certain government requirements for their exercise. In other words, there is no professional licence that would be necessary to work in the profession.
The Federal Employment Agency must agree to the exercise of employment. In the context of the agreement, it shall examine, inter alia, whether employment is not carried out on less favourable working conditions than the employment of comparable domestic workers.
The residence permit for the recognition of professional qualification during employment is a temporary residence permit. It shall be granted for two years.
- Valid passport
- Current biometric photo
- Visa, where necessary
- Deficit decision of the recognition body
- Proof of at least sufficient knowledge of German at level A 2 by presenting a language certificate
- Concrete job offer (proof of the employment statement, see "Further information"
- Proof of livelihood
- Proof of your health insurance
- Forms: Forms are received from your immigration authority, if necessary they are also offered online
- Online procedure possible in some cases
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance necessary: yes
- You have a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement and, if necessary for entry- a suitable visa.
- There is no interest in expulsion against you.
- Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- The body responsible for recognising your professional qualification in Germany has informed us that you lack skills, knowledge and skills mainly in company practice.
- You have at least a knowledge of German at level A2
- A concrete job offer is available.
- Your future employer has promised by an employment contract that he will enable you to obtain professional recognition during your stay in Germany.
- The Federal Employment Agency has approved the exercise of employment (the consent is usually obtained from the immigration authority).
- You can secure your livelihood and health insurance cover without claiming public benefits.
Section 16d (3) AufenthG
Section 16d paragraph 3 Residence Act
The residence permit must be applied for with the immigration authority responsible for your residence. The procedure is as follows:
- Depending on the immigration authority and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out if your immigration authority offers the electronic application for a residence permit.
- If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the immigration authority. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eAT card).
- In the event of an electronic application, the immigration authority will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the immigration office if necessary. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT card).
- If your request is met, the immigration authority will arrange for the eAT card to be produced.
- After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT card from the immigration office.
- The eAT card must always be taken up in person.
- Fees apply for the issue of the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication