Residence permit for the purpose of training Grant for recognition of professional qualification on the basis of an agreement of the Federal Employment Agency Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Residence permit for the recognition of your foreign professional qualification, if you have been placed in employment by agreement of the Federal Employment Agency with the employment service of your country of origin and further conditions are met.
You can obtain a residence permit to qualify your foreign professional qualification if you have been placed in employment in another selected area on the basis of an agreement between the Federal Employment Agency and the employment service of your country of origin in the field of health and care (e.g. under the "Triple Win" programme for the placement of nurses) or on the basis of an agreement in another selected area.
You do not have to run a recognition procedure in Germany before issuing your residence permit. This can also be started upon arrival in Germany. The overall procedure required for this purpose is regulated by the conciliation agreement.
The Federal Employment Agency must have agreed to work in the desired occupational field. The approval of the Federal Employment Agency is granted for a limited period of one year. Consent may be given for the pursuit of employment in both regulated and non-regulated professions if certain conditions are met.
Regulated professions are those for which special professional qualifications had to be acquired for the access and exercise of which, e.g. with doctors, architects, pharmacists. You can find out whether your profession is regulated in Germany, which laws it is regulated by and where you have to apply to check your qualifications in the information portal "Recognition in Germany" (see "Further information").
The Federal Employment Agency may give its consent to the pursuit of employment in a regulated profession if the employment envisaged is closely linked to the professional knowledge in the profession to be recognised after entry and further conditions are met (see "Conditions"). A close professional connection is given if, for example, you Want to have her qualifications recognised as a health and children's nurse and to work in the nursing assistant sector during the recognition process.
The residence permit entitles you to work up to ten hours a week, independent of the professional qualification to be recognised.
The residence permit for the recognition of the professional qualification on the basis of an agreement of the Federal Employment Agency is a temporary residence permit. It shall be granted for one year.
- Valid passport
- Current biometric photo
- Visa, where necessary
- Proof of livelihood
- Proof of foreign professional qualification
- Proof of your health insurance
- Ggfls. Professional exercise permit
- In the case of regulated occupations: concrete job offer for qualified employment in the post-entry occupation
- Proof of language skills (certificate)
- Forms: Forms are received from your immigration authority, if necessary they are also offered online
- Online procedure possible in some cases
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance necessary: yes
- You have a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement and, if necessary for entry- a suitable visa.
- There is no interest in expulsion against you.
- Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- You have been placed in employment on the basis of a mediation agreement between the Federal Employment Agency and the employment service of your country of origin.
- The Federal Employment Agency has approved the pursuit of employment in the desired profession if consent is required.
As a rule, the consent is obtained from the immigration authority. This may be granted if certain conditions are met.
If you want to work in a regulated profession, you must meet the following requirements:
- They may submit a specific job offer for qualified employment in the post-entry occupation.
- A professional licence has already been issued for employment in the desired profession, to the extent that this is necessary.
- You declare that after entering Germany, you will carry out the procedure for determining the equivalence of your foreign professional qualification and, where necessary, for the granting of the professional licence, at the competent certification body.
If you wish to work in a non-regulated profession, you must declare that after entering Germany, you will carry out the procedure for determining the equivalence of your foreign professional qualification with the competent authority.
- They have the German language skills defined in the conciliation agreement, which are usually equivalent to A2 level.
You can secure your livelihood and health insurance cover without claiming public benefits.
Section 16d paragraph 4 Residence Act:
Section 2 Employment Ordinance
The residence permit must be applied for with the immigration authority responsible for your residence. The procedure is as follows:
- Depending on the immigration authority and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out if your immigration authority offers the electronic application for a residence permit.
- If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the immigration authority. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eAT card).
- In the event of an electronic application, the immigration authority will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the immigration office if necessary. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT card).
- If your request is met, the immigration authority will arrange for the eAT card to be produced.
- After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT card from the immigration office.
- The eAT card must always be taken up in person.
- Fees apply for the issue of the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication