Residence permit for the purpose of training Grant for the implementation of a training measure with employment Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
You can obtain a residence permit to carry out a qualification measure to qualify your foreign professional qualification and at the same time exercise a non-restricted employment if you meet certain conditions.
They may obtain a residence permit for the implementation of a qualification measure if a recognition procedure has been carried out at a body responsible for the recognition of professional qualifications in Germany and the recognition body has established that the qualification measures for the
- Determination of the equivalence of your foreign professional qualification with a domestic professional qualification or
- for the granting of a professional licence (access to the profession) in a profession regulated in Germany
Regulated professions are those for whose access and exercise special professional qualifications had to be acquired, such as.B. from doctors, architects, pharmacists. You can find out whether your profession is regulated in Germany, which laws regulate it and where you have to apply to check your qualifications in the information portal "Recognition in Germany" (see "Further information")
Qualification measures include adaptation and compensatory measures in theoretical and practical form (in-company internships, theoretical courses, mixed forms), preparation courses for examinations and language courses.
They may, in addition to the implementation of a training measure, carry out temporary employment if the intended activity during the recognition procedure is linked to the professional knowledge required in subsequent employment. Such a connection exists.B, for example, if you want to have your foreign doctor training recognised and want to work as a nursing assistant during the qualification measure or if you already want to work as a bricklayer or as a construction assistant during the qualification measure for the mason.
For regulated professions, a professional licence must be issued or promised. The professional licence includes the professional right to practise and the granting of a licence to hold the professional title.
The residence permit for the implementation of a qualification measure with employment is a temporary residence permit. It shall be granted for the duration of the qualification measure, but not more than 18 months.
- Valid passport
- Current biometric photo
- Visa, where necessary
- Deficit decision of the recognition body
- Proof of at least sufficient knowledge of German at level A 2
- Proof of the intended qualification measure, if necessary. Training plan
- Concrete job offer for future employment after full recognition
- Concrete job offer for planned employment during the recognition process (proof of the presentation of the declaration on employment, see "Additional information")
- Proof of livelihood
- Proof of your health insurance
- Ggfls. Professional exercise permit
- Forms: Forms are received from your immigration authority, if necessary they are also offered online
- Online procedure possible in some cases
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance necessary: yes
- You have a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement and, if necessary for entry- a suitable visa.
- There is no interest in expulsion against you.
- Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
The body responsible for recognising your professional qualification in Germany has decided that you lack practical or theoretical knowledge or skills in order to achieve full equivalence and that the adaptation, compensatory measures or other qualifications are necessary to establish the equivalence of your foreign professional qualification with a national professional qualification.
If you intend to work in a regulated profession, it must be determined from the decision that the adjustment or compensatory measures are necessary for the granting of the professional licence.
- You have successfully registered for a corresponding qualification measure.
- The qualification measure is suitable for the recognition of professional qualifications or access to the profession.
- You have at least a knowledge of German at a level A2.
- They may submit a concrete job offer for future employment after full recognition and a specific job offer for the intended employment during the recognition process.
- The intended activity is linked to the professional knowledge required in subsequent employment.
The Federal Employment Agency has approved the exercise of employment.
As a rule, the consent is obtained from the immigration authority.
- You can secure your livelihood and health insurance cover without claiming public benefits.
- For regulated professions, a professional licence must be issued or promised to the extent necessary.
Section 16 d paragraph 1 i.V.m. Section 16d (2) AufenthG
Section 16d paragraph 2 Residence Act
The residence permit must be applied for with the immigration authority responsible for your residence. The procedure is as follows:
- Depending on the immigration authority and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out if your immigration authority offers the electronic application for a residence permit.
- If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the immigration authority. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eAT card).
- In the event of an electronic application, the immigration authority will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the immigration office if necessary. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT card).
- If your request is met, the immigration authority will arrange for the eAT card to be produced.
- After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT card from the immigration office.
- The eAT card must always be taken up in person.
Fees apply for the issue of the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication