Residence permit for the purpose of training Extension for the recognition of professional qualification on the basis of an agreement of the Federal Employment Agency Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
You can have your residence permit extended to qualify for work on the basis of an agreement of the Federal Employment Agency, if you meet certain conditions for this.
You can apply for an extension of your residence permit if the procedure for recognising your foreign professional qualification is still ongoing. The procedure for recognition shall include the period from the date of application to the issue of a certificate of recognition which concludes the procedure by the competent recognition body. This includes the implementation of and subsequent examinations necessary to establish equivalence or to obtain a professional licence.
In the event of renewal, your residence permit will be limited again. The residence permit for the recognition of the professional qualification on the basis of an agreement of the Federal Employment Agency is extended by one year to a maximum period of three years. After three years, once you have successfully completed the recognition procedure, you can obtain a residence permit to look for a job for one year or a residence permit for another purpose of residence (e.B. to study, to complete vocational training or to work as a specialist)
The Federal Employment Agency must once again agree to the pursuit of employment in the desired profession. Consent shall be granted for a limited period of one year. This can be granted if you can prove that you are continuing to operate the recognition procedure.
As a rule, the residence permit cannot be renewed if this has already been excluded at the time of the issue or the last extension of the residence permit.
- Passport or passport replacement
- Current biometric photo
- Existing residence permits
- Proof of livelihood (e.B. blocked account with a bank)
- Proof of your health insurance
- Employment contract
- Proof of the recognition procedure (e.B. initial decision of the acknowledging body or the certificate of participation for a qualification measure)
- Forms: You can obtain government-specific forms from your immigration authority, if necessary they are also offered online.
- Online procedure possible in some cases
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: yes
- You hold a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement as well as the valid residence permit for the recognition of the professional qualification on the basis of an agreement of the Federal Employment Agency in accordance with Section 16d paragraph 4 of the Residence Act.
- The period of validity of your residence permit will expire in the near future.
- You shall operate the procedure for determining the equivalence of your foreign professional qualification or, if necessary, for the issue of the professional exercise permit at the competent certification body in Germany.
The Federal Employment Agency has approved the pursuit of employment in the desired profession.
As a rule, the consent is obtained by the immigration authority.
- There is no interest in expulsion against you.
- Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Your livelihood is secured.
Section 8 paragraph 1 Residence Act (AufenthG)
Section 16d paragraph 4 Residence Act (AufenthG)
Section 2 Employment Ordinance (BeschV)
The renewal of your residence permit must be requested from the immigration authority responsible for your residence.
- Depending on the immigration authority and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out if your immigration authority offers the electronic application for a residence permit.
- If the application is only possible in person, arrange a preliminary appointment with the immigration authority.
- During the appointment, your request will be accepted and your evidence will be checked (please bring it with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the issuance of the electronic residence permit (eAT).
- In the event of an electronic application, the immigration authority will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to arrange a meeting at the immigration office. During the appointment, your evidence will be checked (please bring it with you to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the issuance of the eAT card.
- If your application is met, the immigration authority will arrange for the eAT card to be produced.
- After about six to eight weeks you can pick up eAT card at the immigration office
- Fees apply for the renewal of the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication