Capital gains tax exemption Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Learn how to avoid a capital gains tax deduction.
In certain cases, you can avoid deducting capital gains from the outset:
If your taxable capital gains do not exceed €801 or €1,602 for taxable spouses/partners/partners per year, an exemption order to your credit institution is sufficient to avoid the tax deduction of capital gains by the bank.
You can also distribute the saver lump sum of €801/€1,602 to several credit institutions. Within a credit institution, it is not permitted to limit the exemption order to individual accounts or deposits.
Non-assessment certificate (NV certificate)
If your income, including capital gains, does not exceed the basic income tax allowance in the calendar year, you can apply for an NV certificate from your local home tax office. The NV certificate is then sent by the tax office.
Once the NV certificate has been presented to your credit institution, it can pay off the capital gains without deducting taxes. When it is certified, please bear in mind that you need a copy for each credit institution where you earn capital gains.
An NV certificate will not be issued if you are expected to be assessed for income tax or upon application. Therefore, you will not receive an NV certificate if you have been found to have a remaining loss deduction for you.
The NV certificate shall be issued subject to revocation with a maximum period of three years and must end at the end of a calendar year.
- Identification number (you must provide your identification number (if applicable from both spouses/life partners/life partners).)
- Proof of the right to have a disposal
- If a certificate of NV for a minor child is requested by legal representatives, this application must be accompanied by proof that the child's capital assets are capital assets (e.B. the children's right to have control over the accounts).
- Exemption order - application according to official model (available from the credit institution).
- Application for a non-assessment certificate (form NV 1 A).
Section 20 Income Tax Act (EStG)
Section 32d Income Tax Act (EStG)
Section 43 Income Tax Act (EStG)
Section 43a Income Tax Act (EStG)
Section 44 Income Tax Act (EStG)
Section 44a Income Tax Act (EStG)
Section 44b Income Tax Act (EStG)
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication