Social assistance benefits for children and young people at risk of development and disability
If you need help to support yourself and do not have health insurance statutory or private the social welfare institution provides health assistance.
- Support and advice for parents
- Childcare services and care services
- Medical treatments
- Therapies such as speech promotion and movement promotion
- Everyday accompaniment
- Application for health assistance
- Identity card or passport (or other documents that can identify the person beyond doubt)
The competent social assistance institution shall provide information on the documents required in individual cases.
Help for health is provided to persons,
- who do not have statutory or sufficient private health insurance,
- a provision of the services via the health insurance is not possible
- and for whom it is not reasonable to raise the funds for the necessary assistance from income and assets.
§ 264 Abs. 4 Sozialgesetzbuch (SGB) Fifth Book (V) Assumption of health treatment for non-insured persons against reimbursement of costs
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality
Last update or date of publication