Social assistance benefits as health advice for families with infants

Many parents experience situations in the first months and years of their child's life that make them unsettling, anxious or overwhelmed. Health care provides mothers and fathers with advice on issues such as: insatiable screaming and frequent restlessness of the infant On and through difficulty sleeping Problems with breastfeeding, feeding and eating Behavioural abnormalities such as excessive anger and defiance, anxiousness or aggressiveness, lack of gambling Separation fears and difficulties tense family situation Relationship problems Overwork, uncertainty and exhaustion Weekly bed depression

Request for health assistance Identity card or passport (or other documents that the person can clearly identify) The competent social assistance institution shall provide information on the documents required in individual cases.

Health assistance is provided to persons who who do not have legal or sufficient private health insurance, provision of the services via the health insurance fund (Section 264 sec. 4 SGB V) is not possible and to whom it is not reasonable to raise the funds for the necessary aid from income and wealth.

Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality

Last update or date of publication