Supplementary rehabilitation services for insured persons Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
The health insurance covers the costs of supplementary rehabilitation services.
Complementary rehabilitation services are provided in whole or in part in addition to medical rehabilitation in order to achieve or secure the rehabilitation goal. These include, for example:
- Patient training for the chronically ill,
- Rehabilitation sports and functional training,
- social medical follow-up measures for chronically ill or seriously ill children and adolescents.
The services must be medically necessary and prescribed by a doctor.
- Application for supplementary rehabilitation benefits
- Prescription or opinion of the treating physician
The complementary service for rehabilitation
- necessary to achieve or secure the objective of rehabilitation.
- T s health treatment must have already been provided by the sickness fund or has yet to be provided.
Section 43 Fifth Book of the Social Code (SGB V)
As a rule:
- Prescription by doctor
- Application to the health insurance company
- Decision of the health insurance fund
- Beginning of supplementary rehabilitation
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication