Exemption from compulsory insurance in the case of marginal employment
Anyone who has a marginal job and earns less than 450 euros is not subject to health insurance.
If you are in a low-paid job (450-euro job/mini-job), you are exempt from insurance in this employment. You then do not have to pay any contributions for these.
You must arrange your health insurance elsewhere.
- family insurance through the spouse or parents
- Mini-job as a side job: health insurance runs through full-time work
- Mini-job for recipients of unemployment benefit II: the Employment Agency may take over health insurance
The exemption from compulsory health insurance exists only as long as the reason for the exemption lasts.
§ 8 Social Code Fifth Book (SGB V)
Social Code Sixth Book (SGB VI)
- Your employer registers you after clarification of the insurance facts.
- Your health insurance company will answer any questions you may have.
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality
Last update or date of publication