Household assistance for health-insured persons Authorization

As a health insurer, you will receive household help if you cannot manage the household alone in the event of illness, for example if you cannot go shopping or cook yourself. However, only if no other person lives in the same household that can support you. For example: in case of serious illness for outpatient therapy after a hospital stay an outpatient operation chemotherapy or radiotherapy if there is a child in the household who has not reached the age of 12 at the beginning of household assistance or who is disabled and in need of assistance Your health insurance company decides whether you are entitled to household help. If the household is continued through relatives (up to 2nd degree), the health insurance company cannot pay compensation. However, travel expenses and loss of earnings can be taken into account and up to a certain extent covered by the health insurance fund.

In case of pregnancy: medical certificate with the following information: the expected date of birth the day of childbirth the expected duration of hospitalization In case of illness: medical certificate for the expected duration of hospitalization For more information, please contact your health insurance company.

The person in charge of the household is insured in the statutory health insurance No other person living in the household can take over the household management Living in the household a child under 12 years of age or a child with a disability who needs help For more information, please contact your health insurance company.
You must first submit an application for household assistance to your health insurance company. The need must be confirmed in writing by the treated doctor. If the health insurance company agrees, you can look for your own household help.

Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality

Last update or date of publication