Prolonging registration of prostitution activity Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Anyone who engages in prostitution in Germany is obliged to register en mentally. The registration must be extended or renewed for persons between 18 and 21 years after one year; in persons older than 21 years, after two years.
Since the Prostitute Protection Act came into force on 1 July 2017, binding regulations for the practice of prostitution have been in force nationwide. Anyone who engages in prostitution in Germany is obliged to register en-register mentally and to seek health advice beforehand. The registration must be extended or renewed for persons between 18 and 21 years after one year; in persons older than 21 years, after two years.
The obligation to register and provide advice applies without exception to all people who provide sexual services for a fee.
The health consultation and registration must be done in person. A certificate is issued for the application. This is valid nationwide.
- Certificate of health advice (not older than 3 months)
- Identity card, passport, passport or id card replacement
- If you have a foreign nationality and are not entitled to freedom of movement, you must prove that you have permission to work or work independently in Germany.
- 2 passport photos
Both certificates registration certificate and certificate of health advice must always be carried with you when engaging in prostitution. Anyone who is unable to present any or invalid certificates during inspections must expect fines.
§ 3 Prostitute Protection Act - ProstSchG
- In Lower Saxony, the free health consultation takes place at the lower health authorities or health authorities. A consultation appointment should be arranged here.
- For the extension of the registration certificate at the regulatory authority of the district or district-free city, an appointment should also be made.
The competent health authority or the competent regulatory authority for the registration can be found at
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication