Electronic health card for refugees Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Refugees can receive an electronic health card (eGK) within the first 15 months of their admission.
As before, the scope of benefits is governed by the Asylum Seeker Benefits Act. In the first 15 months, this includes:
- medical treatment of acute illnesses and pain conditions,
- the provision of protective vaccinations in accordance with the benefits of statutory health insurance and medically required preventive examinations, and
- other benefits, provided that they are essential to ensure health or to meet the special needs of children (discretionary benefit).
- Registration form for health care
- a photo
- Leaving the initial reception facility and
- Assignment to a municipality
§ 264 Absatz 1 Sozialgesetzbuch - Fünftes Buch (SGB V)
§ 291 Absatz 2 Sozialgesetzbuch - Fünftes Buch (SGB V)
The competent authority shall report the refugees to the competent health insurance fund. The latter sends the electronic health card to the refugees. Until then, the refugees will receive a provisional billing certificate for medical and dental care from the health insurance fund. This shall be handed over to the refugees by the competent authority.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Health (BMG), Unit G15
Last update or date of publication
No information available