Foreign professional qualification Recognition as a social pedagogue (B.A.) /Social pedagogue (B.A.)

If you want to work in Germany as a social pedagogue (B.A.) / social pedagogue (B.A.) or as a social worker (B.A.) / social worker (B.A.), you usually need the corresponding state recognition in the form of the right to hold the professional title "State-recognized social pedagogue (B.A.)" or "State-recognized social pedagogue B.A." / "State-recognized social worker (B.A.)" "State-recognized social worker (B.A.)". Social work is a regulated profession. Even with a relevant basic university degree obtained abroad, you can apply for state recognition in Germany.

You need the following documents: tabular list of your completed courses of study and activities Indication of your contact details (address current place of residence / e-mail) Proof Certified university degree or bachelor's degree, including a list of subjects and grades or other qualifications and training certificates / transcript of records / Diploma Supplement on studying abroad Certificate of eligibility to practise the profession Evidence of relevant professional experience (e.B. employment contracts, traineeship certificates, work certificates) indicating the regular working week, the areas of activity completed, assessments of the activities and the total duration of the professional activities, or other qualifications, if these are necessary to establish equivalence Explanation of whether and to which body you have already made an application for a declaration of equivalence and, if necessary, to decide whether to establish equivalence A current, extended certificate of leadership or proof that an extended management certificate has been requested from the reporting authority in accordance with Section 30a of the Federal Central Register for submission to the university. All documents must be presented in the original or as a certified copy and in German. If the documents are written in another language, you may also need a translation from a publicly appointed translator. Further documentation may be required. At the time of application, knowledge of the German language is recommended at least at the B2 language level.

Please use the individual consultation request in accordance with Section 22 SozHeilKindVO before submitting your application. In this way, it can be clarified at an early stage whether an application for recognition makes any sense at all.

anabin database for the evaluation of foreign educational qualifications on the pages of the Central Office for Foreign Education Information on certificate assessment for foreign university qualifications on the pages of the Central Office for Foreign Education The service centres of the network "Integration through Qualification" (IQ-Network) will be happy to advise and accompany you before, in and after the recognition procedure. Network "Integration through Qualification (IQ)"
The decision is taken pursuant to Section 1 - 3 of the Ordinance on the State Recognition of Professional Qualifications in the Field of Social Work, Healing Education and Education in Childhood (SozHeilKindVO) of 17 May 2017 (Nds. GVBl. p. 155), last amended by Ordinance of 20 March 2018 (Nds. GVBl. p. 42).

Related Links

For state recognition, the competent body checks on the basis of your submitted documents whether or to what extent your foreign qualification for a German qualification for the profession of social pedagogue (B.A.) /social educator (B.A.) or social worker (B.A.) social worker (B.A.). This review is based on defined formal and substantive criteria, such as the content and duration of higher education. Your relevant professional experience will be taken into account, as will other relevant qualifications. Important note: For academic qualifications, you can apply for a basic assessment of your university degree by the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB). The zAB's assessment does not replace the state recognition procedure to be requested here (substantive examination by a competent higher education institution). Further information can be found on the portal "Recognition in Germany". This internet portal provides quick and easy answers to questions about recognition, for example: Do I have to have my professional qualifications recognised? Is it worth the recognition for me? May I make the request? Do I have a formal claim to it? Where do I have to go? What is the procedure? What documents are required? What form do the documents have to take? How long does the procedure take? How much does the procedure cost? Which laws are relevant to my case? Portal "Recognition in Germany"

Related Links

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Science and Culture of the State of Lower Saxony and Recognition Finder Germany

Last update or date of publication