Foreign professional qualification Recognition as a specialist Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you want to work as a specialist in Germany, you need the recognition of the specialist designation by the competent body. You can also apply for recognition of the specialist doctor's degree in Germany with a specialist degree obtained abroad.
Further information can also be found in the service " Approval as a doctor/doctor grant for persons from other EU countries ".
As a rule, you need the following documents:
- tabular list of your completed training courses and gainful employment
- Indication of your current place of residence
- Proof of training acquired abroad
- Evidence of relevant professional experience or other qualifications, where they are necessary to establish equivalence
- Explanation of whether and with which body you have already submitted an application for a declaration of equivalence
- where applicable, a decision establishing equivalence
All documents must be presented in the original or as a certified copy and in German. If the documents are written in another language, you may also need a translation from a publicly appointed translator.
Additional documentation may be required. Please contact the appropriate body.
anabin Datenbank zur Bewertung ausländischer Bildungsnachweise auf den Seiten der Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen
Informationen zu Zeugnisbewertung für ausländische Hochschulqualifikationen auf den Seiten der Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen
For recognition, the competent body checks on the basis of your certificates whether or to what extent your foreign qualification corresponds to a German qualification for the profession of specialist. This review is based on established formal criteria, such as the content and duration of the training. Their relevant professional experience will be taken into account, as will other relevant qualifications. For academic qualifications, you can apply for an assessment by the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB).
Further information can be found on the portal "Recognition in Germany". This website provides quick and easy answers to questions about recognition, for example:
- Do I have to have my professional qualifications recognised?
- Is it worth the recognition for me?
- Can I make the request? Do I have a formal claim to it?
- Where do I have to contact?
- What is the procedure?
- What documents are needed? What form must the documents take?
- How long does the procedure take?
- How much does the procedure cost?
- Which laws are relevant to my case?
Portal "Anerkennung in Deutschland"
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication